Wednesday, October 31, 2012

A Run in the Rain

I'm a big chicken. But today I did something big...for me. I ran in the rain. A proper 4.5-mile run in real rain. I told Sean I'd run outside if I could have a nice waterproof running rain coat and the man, who is a gem, got me one. It's amazing. Pearl Izumi Infinity Softshell. Pink. Iphone pocket. Waterproof. Windproof. Insanely warm. I've been wearing it...just not to run. I've been running on W/F while Gage is at preschool and today when I dropped Gage off it was raining. A lot. I know, I know. I'm from Washington this should not be a deterrent but it at least has been an excuse not to go. But today I did! I did and it was wet and raining and in my face and AMAZING! As I was running down Chapin road and Adele's "Set Fire to the Rain" came on Pandora I felt like I could do anything. It was incredible. I might even have the guts to run in the morning now...in the dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment