Friday, July 8, 2011

Teeth Whitening

I have an amazing husband; he loves to do nice things for me and before we move he made appointments for us to get our teeth whitened. I was trepidatious but excited. I dislike the dentist but I have always been self-conscious about my teeth color. I asked him if it would be painful and he said he didn't think so. Well, it is. I went in for the Zoom and they cleaned my teeth first so the bleach would work better then they took me to a different place where they put something in my mouth which she had to put oil on my lips to get in my mouth since apparently it is small and then she did something to my teeth and said I had to go through four 15 minute sessions with a UV whitening thingy on my teeth. At least I got to watch a movie, 17 Again to be exact which I think is so cute. Anyways, halfway through the first session my teeth start to hurt, bad. You know that feeling when your teeth hurt from eating something super cold? Well times that by 10 and on all your teeth. I didn't know until after the first session that I had 3 more. I had to hold still which got really difficult. Sean went before me and came in halfway through my 2nd session and held my hand for a few minutes. Not until I was done did I realize how much he must have been hurting while he comforted me. I mean it isn't unbearable pain and maybe I'm weaksauce but it did hurt. You get what they call "zingers" where all of a sudden a certain spot will flare up like a contraction. I made it through all 4 and thought it would get better when she took that thing out of my mouth but it didn't. It was pretty steady uncomfortableness as I drove home. I got to go to dinner with my mother-in-law and Angie, Kim and Sara and when I took that first drink of ice water, ohmygosh my teeth stung! So I can't have anything dark for the next 24 hours as the bleach has made my teeth like sponges and it would make them not as white, but it is also like a constant tingling pain in my teeth and I can't sleep. So I'm up writing and looking for homes in Lincoln and watching TV. BTW I love summer TV :) 

P.S. It was worth it, my teeth look great :)

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. They REALLY do look amazing, and I 'm happy you were able to have it done! The good news is you can now buy the Crest Whitestrips in bulk from costco and do that once a month and your teeth will stay amazing, and not hurt at all! xo

    ReplyDelete